Old 01-04-10, 10:51 AM
frankw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if your really serious about your road riding then I wouldn't bother moving to summit, move to the front range.

if you want to live in the mountains, ride your road bike 6 months out of the year and participate in snow sports then move here.

I've ridden every month of the year up here but gave up on that awhile ago. It's just too dangerous with the angry locals, ice and snow patches that are hidden around the corner, and oblivious tourists. It's a dangerous mix.

The last time I rode was nov 12th, there has been a few times you can ride since then but I'd rather do something fun on snow.

The alternative is driving to the front range which isn't that bad at all. Did it on sat and will do it again on tue.

If winter is long don't plan on getting much riding in till mid may, if winter is short then summiting loveland pass in march isn't unheard of. (my guess is that there is a 60% chance winter will be long this year)

A few other thoughts for you: if you don't have a well paying job lined up before moving here think twice, the economy is a wreck up here. hence why I'm getting so much riding in denver this year. I did not move here to ski and was told by numerous people that if I didn't get a pass or a winter activity I'd lose my mind. They were right. So plan on a winter activity or you'll be gone in a year. But then again the riding in summer time is pretty awesome, it is limited since not many roads are paved and we're surrounded by mountains.