dzrthauler
I can - therefore, I do..

Bikes: '84 Motocruiser, '10 KHS TR 101

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cycleric

A book on Rickshaws inspired me to build my own sidecar bike. I call it the Skruvskar, because the seat on it is an office chair from Ikea called a "Skruvsta". It was my favorite office chair ever, but one day it broke from its swivel stand. I had to give it a new life somehow. Sidecar rickshaws are used in places like Burma, The Philllipines, and in Singapore. After reading a little about sidecars on the Bike Rod N Custom website, I was concerned about how they handle when fixed rigidly to a bike. I was considering a pivot joint to let the bike part lean. Then I saw the book about how many thousands of rickshaws in other parts of the world are fixed sidecars and figured what the hell. It handles well enough, alright! Just lean if you need all three wheels on the ground. (The step-through schwinn frame really helps with this.) The cool thing about it is that you can do wheelies with any of the three wheels. I've been pretty excited about this build. Too bad it's so frickin' cold out. Makes it hard to find eager passengers.

Nice side hack... I used to race them at WhiskeyTown waayyy back in the day... we all had a partner that was the "leaner" all the runs were speed runs down the fire roads ....