View Single Post
Old 01-04-10, 07:29 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
I have the same question. I'm about to do a final installation on a Stronglight sealed bearing BB with lockrings on both sides on my bike and I'm not quite sure what BB lockring spanner will fit the two locklrings on it. I've seen all different versions of BB lockring tools both with square teeth and half round teeth that will fit on the BB lockrings, some of them open hook type spanners and some of them closed circle ended. Are the half round ones supposed to also work with BB lockrings with the square notches. I'm asking this because I don't seem to remember ever seeing BB lockrings with half rounded notches on them, are the half rounded teeth suppose to sit on the edges of the square notches on the lockrings??...........I guess I might just have to take the lockrings to my LBS to see what fits best....Anyway, I want to get a closed ring spanner instead of trying to use the open ended hook type one I bought and which also bunged up my Shimano DA lockring this fall when I used it to remove it........

Chombi
84 Peugeot PSV
85(?) Vitus Plus Carbone 7