View Single Post
Old 01-04-10, 09:33 PM
kmoy2002

Bikes: 2005 Felt CA-1, 2006 Bianchi Pista Concept, 2007 Pinarello Galileo, 2007 Trek T1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bonechilling
Any Bontrager paired spoke-wheel that is used often enough will crack where the eyelets should be. Ask anyone who works for a Trek dealer and they'll tell you about replacing fifty rear wheels per year (or 200+, as my shop has done). Also, paired spoke technology has been pretty well dismissed for any meaningful aerodynamic benefit. Both of these reasons are why Trek will no longer be selling wheels like this.

Just because the T1 doesn't use the classic (some say outdated) 76°/76° sprint geometry of the Pista Concept, that doesn't mean it's a not a track bike. I don't own one, but I know more than a handful of riders who are racing them for the U23 team in Belgium at this moment, along with countless others who use theirs at velodromes in the US and around the world. Whether or not you find your T1 more "forgiving" than your Concept is irrelevant, it's a 100% legit track bike.
Reading comprehension helps...I never stated that the T1 was not a track bike. Quite the opposite if you read my post correctly.