Thread: Tandem Accesory
View Single Post
Old 04-01-05, 08:04 AM
Frank Schaefer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rotflmao- Hey Zonatandem, I'm definitely not quitting my day job! It's definitely a niche market product.

Interbike a couple of years ago was a prototype. A lot has improved since then. Now, the unit looks a LOT better and we sell it with everything for a regular conversion- derailleur, V-brakes, Truvative cranks, chain, cable splitters and cables, etc.

Initial set up takes about 45 minutes and after that it really is about 5 minutes to put it on or take it off.
We want the price just under $500, but I have to get quantity up and refine over head.
At $550 we hope to attract those who like bike culture, wouldn't buy a Wally tandem (support wally world and poor components= bad) and want more than a trail-a-bike-type accessory.
Also, we are hoping people who are involved with disabled riders will consider it an option for working with blind, physically or mentally challenged riders- without the hassles of a tandem, special car racks, etc.
The T.A. really is a superior product and can go against most mid-range tandems when comparing rigidity.

The biggest problem in marketing is it's hard to describe it in e-mails and phone calls. Those I show it to in person vary from "yeah, I guess it's cool, but no one will buy it." to "Wow, that's about the most inovative thing I've seen in a long time for bikes."

Thanks for the input guys-