one year in

Bikes: 2002 Jamis Aurora Elite Touring, 2010 CAAD 9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Richmond

Hi,
My name is Cam, I'm 36, and I live in Richmond, VA. I recently moved back here after living in NYC for a few years. I'm a composer and I write music for national commercials, tv, movies, etc. I recently started riding regularly when a friend of mine talked me into doing some tri sprints last year. Of the three events, I have grown to love cycling the most. I started out the year on an alloy Jamis touring bike that my step-dad loaned me, and I ended the year by buying a 2010 CAAD 9 from my LBS. I love the bike so much and I regret any day that I can't get on it to ride.

The bike community in Richmond is somewhat scattered, but there are enough group rides to keep you busy if you are willing to drive out to the starting locations. I am looking forward to my first two duathlons this year, a few more tri's at least, and hopefully by the end of the summer feeling confident enough to enter the local Tuesday night crit.

Look forward to meeting folks here and talking turkey about all the good stuff in the bike world. Any Richmonders who want to ride are free to contact me!
Best,
Cam