View Single Post
Old 01-12-10, 12:04 PM
HigherGround
Descends Like Avalanche

Bikes: Lynskey R240, Sportive, and a Helix Sport disc model in the works; Eddy Merckx MX Leader; Specialized Rock Hopper Comp (1988!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
Really the clothes does not make the man.(cyclist.) Do Not really , care so much about the kit, -----should it not be too fuggly..
.....But, really I am mostly a Hincapie fan........... Ever since his shows at Roubaix. .....Always wanted him to win the TDF. Had he been in it all for himself and trained a little harder, maybe he would have.. ....Instead of bowing to Lance as team leader... In the cyclist world, Hincapie will always be the Captain America for some...
I've never had the impression that Hincapie was a slacker; my impression has been just the opposite, actually.

As far as being a contender for the TdF overall, I always thought that was putting a lot of unfair pressure on Hincapie. Sure, he had a mountain stage win after sitting on Pierrero's wheel extensively. However there's a huge difference between being a fantastic support rider vs being a leader and shouldering the burden of leadership for three weeks. (These comments are not aimed at cyclezealot personally, nor are they intended to disparage George.)

Last edited by HigherGround; 01-12-10 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling correction. I'm compulsive like that.