bikinfool
I have senior moments...

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nbmtb
Specialized representative told me to go to my local bike shop, the thing I've been dreading because I don't know how they work. Do I roll my bike into the shop? Do I ask someone at the service counter to come out to my car? If I ask for a specific Park Tool BBT-22 will they try to sell me a generic brand tool or think I'm some kind of snob to want only Park Tools? How will they know what part fits my bike when Specialized doesn't?
It'd be a strange bike shop you couldn't roll your bike in for them to work on. If they try to sell you something you don't want, don't buy it. OTOH not sure how a shop is going to confirm what bb spindle length you're currently using by just looking at it, they may need to pull it apart if you want the same spindle length. In any case your crank really determines the bb details other than shell width (which you can easily measure), so what crank is on the bike? Might be able to determine the correct spindle length that way. Surprised Specialized couldn't tell you but perhaps they spec'd the bike with different crank/bb setups that year.