View Single Post
Old 01-15-10, 09:02 AM
dgk02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JerryTheSpinner
The Trek 7200 you can purchase for around 2100. You are getting all brand new components. You will also get a warranty from Trek and trek is known for great service.

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...plus/7200plus/
Where do you actually find one in NYC? I've called quite a few Trek dealers and there don't seem to be any in stock. I was actually thinking about getting the Valencia instead; it doesn't have the useless suspension fork and it does have fenders. OTOH, it has trigger shifts while the 7200 has grip shifts. I find grip shifts much better in the winter because I tend to wear mittens on really cold days. The biggest reason for getting a new Trek rather than a kit is that it's pretty stealthy - these still aren't legal in NY. I don't know how easy it is to get the kit battery on the rear rack. Of course, you lose the throttle but I wasn't planning on using that anyway.

Same battery replacement problem as the kit probably; maybe even worse since apparently you can replace cells on the regular Bionx battery. I don't know about the special Trek version. I wonder if the Trek battery has the same power as the regular battery?