Old 01-15-10, 01:41 PM
LeeG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyrd
The home and family.

And their reaction towards my unconventional moveout/journey.

Im 19, still live at home. That will all change however. For years, i have wanted to live on the road, and see new things. New places, people, and experiences. I also feel that doing so will help me find my true calling in life.

What can you suggest?

Thanks.

Sorry, I know you're just asking about allaying moms anxiety but it's inevitable you're going to get unsolicited advice given your starting off point. Here's more. "true calling" happens now with whatever resources you have now. It's not down the road or at the end of the rainbow. The sentiment of doing productive work that enriches your life is a good one and that requires making decisions. Hit the road and see what happens. There's no end of romantic, exciting and scary ass dangerous possibilities out there. The attraction of sybaritic social gatherings with not unheard of recreational drug use is probably no stranger to you but be careful in anonymous gatherings. It happens to young adults going to college , young sailors and even young adults heading out to "gatherings". There's nothing like being with like minded people to do things you wouldn't consider alone and discover the ER in another State or the local constabularies views on youthful indiscretions. For reasons that confound me now I was pretty careful right out of the house and for the next couple years then proceeded to do a lot of stupid things a couple years later expanding on the sybaritic life. That's where the CoastGuard or school instead of random jobs would have been better.