View Single Post
Old 01-16-10, 04:24 AM
BFW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Worrying about taking your $900 bike into the shop almost sounds silly. Sorry I don't mean to offend you. Just a set of Dura-Ace brifters retails for more than that. We have wheel sets that cost 4 times that much. As someone else pointed out, shops work on bikes in the $3-9,000 range every day, and keeping the doors open depends on people trusting us to take good care of their rides.

On the other hand, I can't tell you how many Huffy's and Next bikes I've had to suffer through, and I promise, even they all left with all the parts they came with, unless we replaced them with something new. On top of that, those customers even got to take home the old parts, unless they were wise enough to let us throw them away.

Sometimes you get in just a little over your head, and you're better off letting someone else fix it for you.

If you're still worried about leaving the bike for a couple of days, call ahead and see if you can schedule a day to bring it in. Just don't expect to stand next to the bike stand while the mechanic works on it. You have to be pretty cool, or at least bring me a 6 of GOOD beer for that to happen. I think that may be a little redundant though, because a 6 pack of good beer makes you pretty cool.

Last edited by BFW; 01-16-10 at 04:27 AM.