View Single Post
Old 01-19-10, 11:21 AM
telebianchi

Bikes: 2014/17 Trek Domane 5.2, 2003 Fuji Cross, 2019 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5 Plus, 2012 Raleigh XXIX single-speed, 2017 Access Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Riding Florence in February?

I'm going to be in Florence for two days in mid-February prior to a week of skiing in the Dolomites. Depending on the weather those days, I was thinking of renting a road bike for one day from http://www.florencebybike.it/. They have links to a number of routes on mapmyride.com ranging from 20 to 70 km (~12 to 45 miles). I would be riding solo. Although out of training at this time of year, I could still do those distances taking my time for pictures and food (which is, of course, some of the reasons to go to Italy in the first place), probably less if there is a lot of climbing like up Fiesole or Bivigliano.

Just trying to see if anyone here as some experience riding around Florence that might give some hints, suggestions or other advice. Since a lot of my biking clothes do double-duty as skiing base layers, I'd mostly have to pack shoes, pedals and bibs in addition to what I'd already be bringing over.

Thanks!