View Single Post
Old 01-25-10, 12:10 PM
Abneycat
Hooligan

Location: Base of the Rocky Mountains, Canada. Wonderous things!

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Hooligan 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kevinator

For the rear derailleur, I'm using a Shimano Tourney with hanger mount...one of the benefits of having horizontal dropouts. For ~$10, it works pretty good, even under motored shifting and I don't have to worry about beating it up. It sticks out a lot more than the Dahon neos, but its just there to be usable for now. I'll get better components later once I figure out the right combination of parts I want.
In the long term if you desire having a low profile derailleur like the Dahon Neos, the Shimano shadow series derailleurs have a very similar profile. I've got an SLX shadow mid-cage on one of my folders, it does a very good job of lowering the profile. I'd recommend them, although they're certainly higher ticket than a Tourney is.

Is the Cyclone going to have room to fit in its normal positioning? It looks like it, although it's hard to say from a photograph, too. It looks like standard mounting would also bring the Cyclone pretty close to the ground too, the bike might not be a great one to hop up curbs on