Old 01-27-10, 11:43 AM
Bionicycle
No I'm Not a Pirate!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here are just a couple of my thoughts on the matter… First. It’s often that we don’t mind putting out the effort for what we enjoy, but we don’t always like to put in the effort to go do what we enjoy.

I have a friend that says he loves to go fishing… yet most of the time when I called him up and said “hey let’s go fishing”, he would rattle off 100 excuses why it couldn’t happen today. He would say… “by the time I get the fishing poles out and checked up, and get some bait and drive to the lake, and get this and do that, and so on…” His main excuse boiled down to it was too much effort to get ready to go fishing.

Maybe, for many Cycling has became the same way… by the time they get the tires pumped up, check out the bike, fill the water bottles make sure all the equipment on the bike is there, change into cycling clothes, and shoes, and try to pick out a new route so as not to get bored with it. People can often talk themselves out of going.

I just try to treat my bicycle like I do my motor vehicle, I maintain it of course, but I just hop on it and go with as little extra preparation and inconvenience to myself as safely possible.
I’m sure there will be “Cyclist” that read this and will say they love all the extra stuff that goes with cycling, and I think that is great if that is what they like, but the next time they don’t feel like riding maybe they should think about why.

By the way… I never call myself a “Cyclist”. I’m just a guy that really likes riding a bicycle for fun, and for the health benefits…