View Single Post
Old 01-29-10, 07:54 AM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
Originally Posted by vegenaise
how dense can you be to not get the sarcasm in his post?
Not as dense as you I suppose, since it seems you've never heard anyone use the expression "tell us how you really feel" as a sarcastic reply to someone that really lays on it in a thick in ignorant manner about something... it's a response to a really lame opinion (and I'm cool with people posting their opinions, as I'm doing that right now ) that's nothing original or even the author's own thoughts, those are standard fixie bashing lines but certainly not the best. I mean, he totally missed the chance to suggest to the OP that he should acquire a vintage rene herse and grind off all the braze-ons and put on some garish wheels... there's a lot more he could have done if sheer mockery was his intention. I think it's pretty lame to just post a bunch of recycled lines and not even offer anything helpful.

To the OP... I think you should do it to piss off the fixie haters... but I'll also reiterate the thing about gear selection and starting small. Do you ride fixie now? What kind of gearing? You'll also want to consider how much additional weight you'll be carrying and all that regular stuff you have to worry about whilst touring. Come back with some more info!