View Single Post
Old 01-30-10, 07:35 AM
Barchettaman

Bikes: Focus trash find commuter, Eddy Merckx Corsa, BP Stealth TT bike, Leader 720 TT bike, Boardman Comp Hybrid drop bar conversion, Quantec CX budget cyclocross build, SerottaNOS frameset ready to build up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by RPerkins

Have you been on any of these bikes or heard anything about them (good or bad experiences?)
Alas no. My current tri bike I built up myself for around €200. Thereīs no need to spend $2500 unless you want to, which is fine. Itīs a free country and most importantly of all itīs your money. All have a good rep though. I repeat - go on how the bike fits.

Looks like another excuse to post a picture of my cheapo Canyon build up from last summer:

And here is a sneak picture of my winter build, which is going to be a dual purpose long distance TT/ race machine. The frame was €53 on eBay, most of the other stuff is coming out of the parts bin, just got to find a fork and a headset (the fork pictured is a bit too short up top). Lots of fun putting this together:

In the background you can just about see Mrs Barchettaīs KTM/Trek road bike, again put together very cheaply from Ebay bits on which she absolutely rips, and my cheapy Jan Ullrich road thrashabout bike, another eBay special.

Last edited by Barchettaman; 01-30-10 at 07:44 AM.