View Single Post
Old 01-30-10, 04:11 PM
RoMad

Bikes: Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I live near the trail and ride it a lot. Inverness is a little North of the center of the trail. If you go North you will pass throgh one very small town , Hernando, and then it is residential with a lot of open areas to the end. At the North end is nothing but restrooms and a parking lot. There are a few small restaurants in Hernando. There is a pizza place just North of CR 486 and on the right that is good.
Going South is my favorite way to ride. You will pass through the small town of Floral City, there is a good little restaurant on the left just before SR48. They serve a very good breakfast. Floral City also has a fruit stand that I like and a new bagel shop that I have heard good things about.
Farther South of Floral City is the very small town of Istachatta. There is a small old grocery store there that has a kitchen and small dining area. Farther South of Istachatta you will see a large nice park on the right. The next road past the park if you go left it is just a short distance to a nice little restaurant in Nobleton. They have good cheesburgers and other sandwiches.
Going South from Inverness you will mostly be going through wooded areas and farmland. About halfway to the end you will be in a large wildlife management area. The South end of the trail is like the North with only a parking lot.
Have fun.