Jerry the Spinner

Bikes: Montague with Currie 450W kit, IZIP Twist and Go

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bowbowbow
Hi guys, new here =D

Hoping you guys can give me some insight on a problem of mine.
About 2-3 weeks ago, I bought this Ezip MTN Trailz bike off amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Trailz-Electri...4814830&sr=8-1

Its been riding well so far, up until a few days ago. Normally when I turn the throttle, I propel forward (makes sense, right?)
Now sometimes when I ride and turn the throttle, I hear "clicking/stuttering" and I won't move forward. Holding the throttle down, I can hear and see the chain that is connected to the motor is still spinning and the motor is still working, but it's just not moving my rear wheel! I have to stop, not move for a few seconds and turn the throttle again for it to move my rear wheel again....and the weird part is if Im in motion and I let go of the throttle and turn it again, It wont work. The motor just whines and the chain spins but it does not "latch" onto my rear wheel to propel it.

Anybody have any clue about what the deal is? I am stumped (and I'm kinda new to these e-bike stuff btw)

It probably isnt my battery since on many occasions this has happened, my battery has been fully charged.

Weather condition outside is probably 15-20degrees (cold) but does that affect motor/chain activity?

Thx for any and all the help!
I was wondering if you tried putting the battery on the other side of the bike?