Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by procrit
Mile 0: shivering, nervousness, coffee jitters
Mile 3: WR's teammate goes off the front, just like last week
Mile 4 thru 46 buunch of racing
Mile 47: Drop WR's teammate (hey, he was out for 44 miles, sheesh)
Mile 47.5: Drop guy that was in no mans land
Mile 47.55: Attack, but can't drop the guy glued to my wheel
Mile 47.57: Recover
Mile 47.59: Attack/sprint way too early, being stupid, and blow up before the finish
Mile 48: Finish 2nd

I had more legs than the guy that got 2nd, I just mentally lost it at the end and learned the hard way that I need to stay focused all the way to the finish.

3 more points till the cat 2's. Might just get them tomorrow. =)
Well done Procrit! Taking the line this morning had to be brutal.

Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
Procrit WR and Jonathan's race report after the race was mostly about you...nice f'n job out there man.

Well my race can be summed up in on word. FAIL. I did waaaay too much work and of course paid for it in the last 1k. Finished outside the points which all that really matters.
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
Both. I'm pretty disgusted with myself right now.
EDR stop yer beochen. Two races in to 2010 and it sounds like most of the peleton is trying to race themselves into shape. Meanwhile you have worked hard for both races and made things happen. Sounds like you are getting ready to post some results. Your team knows you are working for them.

Originally Posted by bostongarden
Dude, you are tearing it up.

No worries! You'll get it. Having intentions is good. I wasn't in your race, so, I might be out of line here, but, patience and discipline can be key. Also, it's Perty darn early in the season. Tomorrow's another day, smoke 'em!!
Yep, it's early and he shown to have the legs to get things done.

Originally Posted by johnybutts
My race today was hard. Namely because of El Diablo Rojo. I tried to bridge to a break - didnt work, tried again - didnt work. the rest of my day was very very painful. I thought I had good position going into the last 1k... but it didn't pan out at all.
Hey, you were there with 1K to go. I was on the couch, lol. Note my suggestion to EDR. I suspect he made a few guys' day a long one.

Last edited by txvintage; 01-31-10 at 08:44 AM.