Thread: The Doldrums
View Single Post
Old 02-02-10, 04:47 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BigPolishJimmy
Alrighty, I'll try to incorporate some more interval stuff. I've done a little, but to be honest, the exercise bike is boring boring boring, so I tend to watch tv and try to pretend that I'm not exercising because that makes it all go faster. I'm feeling better due to the exercise, but it's not enjoyable like actually being out in the world on a bike.
Turn whatever you're watching into your interval cues. I've got a friend who does intervals while watching hockey games, and uses puck location relative to his team's blue line. You can make up similar stuff for pretty much any sport you're watching.
I watch horror and action movies: Car chase, gun fight, helicopter sequence, etc. is sprint time. Boring dialogue is recovery time. Bad guy killing somebody in a horror flick is sprint time, bad guy stalking somebody to kill is moderate uptempo, boring dialogue/no bad guy on screen is recovery time.