TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by mihlbach
Dhare, were you beat up a lot by jocks in high school? If the word "America" bothers you so much that it causes emotional fits, then I pity you for living where you do.
However, you are correct, the name American Classic is indeed stupid, but it has nothing to do with troops or other American evils. If AC were truly an American classic (like Ford or Schwinn) then the name wouldn't be American Classic.
Am I to infer from this that you think American troops are evil? I hope not, as that would be a gross generalization and inaccurate representation of American society. I happen to be a Vietnam vet, and although I feel that this was a very bad war that should not have been fought, I do not see why the draftee participants should be villified. When I returned from 'Nam I had insults hurled at me by self-righteous activists and called names like "baby killer", even though I had never killed any babies and probably never even killed any legitimate adult enemy. Right now American troops and military resources are assisting in the Haitian quake disaster relief as well as in other areas around the world. I'd hardly characterize that as evil.