Old 02-17-10, 02:46 AM
scottbrown

Bikes: Avigo Rialto 7 Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c_m_shooter
The Kona Smoke is the best bike of the last list as long as it fits you. Stay away from suspension forks unless you are Mountain Biking. Most of the time, they just waste energy that could be moving you forward.

I never knew that suspension forks can hinder and reduce the speed of a bicycle. That's very interesting. I always thought that suspension forks on mountain bikes and on commuting, comfort and touring bikes were there only to make the ride softer and more comfortable. I never knew that they could slow the bike down and prevent it from going faster.
Tell me, how do suspension forks on a bicycle waste energy and slow the rider down? How is this so? I would like to know more about this and to also find out what additional cons and negatives there are to having a suspension fork on a bike.

The other question that I have is will the Kona Smoke be an excellent bike to go long distances? I would like to be able to bike ride 50+ miles at any given time without feeling uncomfortable while riding and pedaling. I would want the bike to feel comfortable and I would also want it to be ergonomic if I am going to go long distances on it. Is the Kona Smoke a good bike for this type of long distance riding? Or will the Trek 7100 and Trek Navigator 3.0 and the Motobecane bikes in my list be a better choice over the Kona Smoke for comfort, speed and long distance riding? What do you think?

Also, I would want the bike to be heavy duty enough to be able to be used on dirt roads and on unpaved roads as well as on bike paths and on regular paved streets. I also want to be able to easily gain speed on the bike while doing long distance riding or cruising. I don't want the bike to be sluggish or slow. I am not looking to race, but at the same time, I do not want a slow bike either. I want to get decent speed out of the bike too. Will the Kona Smoke do all these things which I am looking for or is the Trek 7100 and the Trek Navigator 3.0 and the Motobecane bikes that are in my list a better choice for all these tasks? What do you think?

Last edited by scottbrown; 02-17-10 at 03:09 AM.