View Single Post
Old 02-18-10, 10:05 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Look, rollzone, if you're responding to my post, please look at the links in Post #3. There are links there to some examples of the circuits that can be used to charge iPhones. As an EE I sympathize with the range of electronics knowledge that's out there, but they look like pretty good designs to me.

If you have a charging circuit you'd like to build but need help in picking parts, please ask me questions. I can certainly help with some of it.

If you don't like DIY, there are a lot of products on the market that could help. In the Touring thread there's a lot of discussion of charging iPhones with solar power sources that are commercially available.

I think someone needs to (and I can in my spare time) look up what the USB voltage limits are. I'd expect the iPhone to at least survive exposure to voltages within that range, and to accept charging power when the voltage is high enough but in that range.

Did you buy your hub from Peter White Cycles?