Old 02-20-10, 10:47 PM
Iowegian

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by auchencrow
Another winter project completed…
This ‘72 bronze Super Course came to me in a pretty sorry state: The bearings were set in dried brown mortar, and it was covered in dirt, stickers, and aluminum duct tape.

After cleaning, I overhauled it, and replaced the front wheel with the Weinmann here that I rebuilt. (It was a pretzl.) The seat tube decorations you see are from a local auto parts store. The Kenda’s are OK(especially for the price), but I’ll probably put some Panaracers on it later.

The freewheel and chain are new, otherwise I retained the running gear as it was when I bought it - including an old Suntour V-GT-Luxe DR, which I am pretty pleased with. Nothing wrong with that cottered Stronglight crank either IMO.

- I decided to do just a half-wrap on the bars, and I know it looks like I chintzed on the cable housings as well (black on the bars and white elsewhere) - but I think it gives it a bit of an austere look, which was my intention.
Nice job! That came out great and having seen one of these in person I know how nice that bronze color looks in person. Very nice.