Old 02-21-10, 05:59 AM
mikey07005

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for some advice, was rear-ended on my bike today by a car at 50 mph

I am new to the cycling world, bought myself a brand new Kona Dew Drop and have been riding my heart out. I took advantage of the nice weekend we are having here on Whidbey Island this weekend and set out for a 25 mile ride.

At mile 13 on this lonely country road well into the shoulder closer to the grass than the white line marking I feel this violent shove. Next thing I know I am waking up on the side of the road scratched and bruised up pretty good and watching this car disappear around a bend down the road.

Two people saw the car hit me, and stopped to help. One person said I went flying and she had no clue how I was able to get up after that. Eventually the person who hit me came back ( I think because they noticed there had been witnesses ) and was interviewed by the police when they arrived.

I went to the hospital with adrenaline pumping in full effect and wasn’t feeling much pain. I got checked out and went home ( Whidbey General, not a great day for you to get reviews from me ) Now that the pain has firmly set in, I am planning a visit to my doctor on Monday.

Now that the story as been set as to what happened, from the biking communities knowledge what is going to happen to the driver? Do I have any legal recourse for the pain I am experiencing? I am assuming the drivers insurance will cover my medical and bicycle replacement, is this going to be a struggle to get my damages paid?