NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by balto charlie
@NR - I would complain to the person that built up your bike ;-)
Yeah... let me at'em!

Actually, this is the second time this has happened with this shifter. It seems to be a shifter problem. It's like there is too much force on the cable anchor and it finally gives away.

Originally Posted by balto charlie
@NR - Glad to see you made it back OK. How were the shoulders? Were studs needed? I don't have studs on my Balto bike so decided not to ride. However the thought of riding studded tires for 100 miles also didn't appeal. I went Xcountry skiing instead.

I went into your journal before reading your entire post blah, blah, blah...
Yeah... blah, blah, blase... is how I'm feeling about writing at this time. I might just put a bunch of pictures in it.

The roads were fine, but I had the brake issue nearing Frederick, and on the way to the ride start I went over some bumpy railroad tracks on Rolling Mill Road and my Dinotte 800's mount broke and the light wound up in my spokes. Luckily, it got past the fork without getting trapped inside the spokes and causing me to endo. The connector for the light got chewed up good and one of my carbon spokes has some hair hanging off from scraping the light and connector.

Last night, I fixed the brake with a spare cable that, in hindsight, should have brought with me on the ride--won't forget a spare for July 4th or any other future long ride.

The light is repaired, too, so I had all lights available this morning.