View Single Post
Old 02-22-10, 03:58 PM
sjpitts 

Bikes: 90 Bridgestone MB2/3, 97 Lemond Zurich, 97 Waterford 2200, 95 Mondonico Futura Leggero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by T-Mar
There were three Nishiki models that came with Camapgnolo NR/SR components - the Cervino, Maxima and Ultimate. The Cervino and Maxima were made in Italy using Columbus SL/SP tubing. Constructors reportedly producing the Italian models included Colnago, Olmo and Viner. The Olmo and Viner associations have some credibility as original owners have reported them coming in boxes marked Olmo and an employee who worked for the distributor recalls them coming form Viner. The Ultimate was made in Japan by Kawamura.

I have yet to see any catalogs referencing these models and some owners have stated they were un-cataloged. While the numbers were probably limited, 4 would seem questionable. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the owner is only relating what the salesman told him. Salesmen would often embelish on things like exclusivity, in order to make a sale.
I had a Nishiki Professional that came with Campy. I traded it off to a taller guy who could ride it.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...i-Professional

If you scroll down to the end of that thread you can see the catalog page I found for it.

Jared

PS-- I just noticed I commented on T-Mar's three year old post. I guess that was not really needed.

Last edited by sjpitts; 02-22-10 at 04:05 PM.