brotherdan
This user is a pipebomb

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe 2001, GT ZR3000 2001, Raleigh One Way 2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redxj
As someone that has a LHT and knows your Volpe I think you should be happy in the end. I am a firm believer in N+1 so I would take the best parts off the Volpe and put on the LHT. Then with some deals/bargins/used parts get both bikes rideable. The Volpe can be the around town/school (when you want gears) or a longer ride bike and the LHT full on touring?

Comparisons between the Volpe and LHT: longer wheelbase, longer chainstays, more braze ons, taller headtube, more tire clearance, and beefier tubing for full loads on the LHT (guessing here). I believe your Volpe is 1" threaded headset so the 1 1/8" threadless headset/fork will be a big improvement. I love vintage bikes, but threadless is much easier to work with, stiffer, and much easier to dial in fit to me.
If this is who I think it is, I still want to buy that rack off of you. Sorry I flaked and didn't come to pick it up when I said I would.

I guess it would be a good idea to build up the volpe as an around the town bike. I'm still going to need a bike to tow my kayak.