View Single Post
Old 02-22-10, 09:33 PM
Parsifal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 80's Bianchi

Thank you for responding Biachigirl. Here is a rundown of the components on the celeste:
1) Stem 3TTT custom ordered for me from Italy for the bike to fit me
2) Handle bars are ITM Mod Mondial (with new celeste cork tape, original tape was a celeste plastic that I had changed to yellow (silly me) to match lime green with yellow side line team jersey
3) "does the forkcrown and stay caps have any embellishment?" the fork crown has two engraved lines on them in blue and red and the name Bianchi engraved. The forks are Foderi Forcella Bianchi Special Columbus
4) Frame has a decal stating Bianchi Special Cromo Molibeno Produzione Columbus
5) The Biachi name is part of the frame, not stickers; it is raised
6) It has the "circle B" on by the seat post.
7) It has a Made in Italy decal by the crank
8) Ambrosio 19 Extra Elite (made in Italy) original Rims, new Michelin Dynamic tires (new bought summer of 2009 tires, so it can take the pavement and bad roads (will be upgrading the tires if I race with this bike.. Hope not.
9) Original saddle is a black Bianchi Suade made by San Marco in Italy (very comfortable) switched it out for a newer Bontranger Nebula that I found on special over the summer, so that it would not get damaged more (had some accidents in my days and the seat took some scrapes but, it still remains comfortable and sturdy)
10) Original Pedals are Campagnolo (no other identifying mark of which Campy component) with Christophe clips (3rd set, the previous pairs did not fair well in some crashes or after a few races
11) Front and Rear hubs are Campy, once again they do not identify the level except they say made in Italy
12) Breaks are Modolo Corsa I found this to be a weak point when I raced (specially downhill but I never changed them.
13) Gear shifter are Campagnolo Vicenza
14) front derailleur is Campy with the Victory logo and the rear just says Campagnolo but it is the matching set that came with the bike originally
15) the crank is Bianchi with a 50-43
16) the rear freewheel is 15-20, it is my training and road riding freewheel, the original (I do not know what happened to it) was a very different one that was a special order, so special in fact it disappeared a long time ago, I remember 11-23 (7 speed, rare at the time and special order)
17) the seat post is a Rino (made in Italy) I believe the original name was Cambio Rino, I may be wrong though.

There are no other identifying marks (except for an Aprillia decal that was placed there by a team I rode for). Since I brought it out of storage this past year I have ridden it very often as both a commuter and trainer (switch out the pedals), and it was almost stolen outside a coffee shop if it weren't for a guy drinking coffee who scared off the thieves. I had stopped to buy coffee.

By no means was this a top of the line bike, I think, but it was the most comfortable for me at the time and it served me very well.

Last edited by Parsifal; 02-22-10 at 09:43 PM.