EriktheFish
Silly Party Member

Bikes: Rans Stratus XP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Consider registering as a host at warmshowers . org

I did a search on this board and nothing previous came up, apologies if it has.

If you are a bicycle tourist and aren't aware of warmshowers.org, I'd like to introduce you to it and invite you to sign up. It is a place for bicycle tourists to find like-minded folks willing to share their yard, floor, or extra bedroom space while on tour. It is also a place for empathetic home owners to add their house as a place to host touring cyclists. Registration is free and it is a non-profit operation. (I've never received any spam after signing up.)

http://warmshowers.org/

My motivation for posting this is two-fold. One is to spread the word for other tourists, the other is that it'd be great if more people would sign up as hosts. We are planning out our 6000 mile ride across the US starting this summer. We will camp plenty, but it will be nice to occasionally stay in yards or homes and get a shower. Unfortunately, there are large sections of the US where warmshower hosts are few and far between (as shown on their online map). I signed up to host, figuring if I'm gonna use the service to find hosts then I better volunteer as one, but so far haven't hosted.

There is another site called couchsurfing.com, but I like that warmshowers is dedicated to bicycle touring.

Erik

Last edited by EriktheFish; 02-26-10 at 08:02 PM.