View Single Post
Old 02-23-10, 08:19 PM
JoeyBad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I completely understand what you are saying. I really enjoy being in the gym and seeing the gains. I however really like riding my bike when the weather permits. To answer your question about my weight fluctuation. I started lifting at exactly 96 pounds. I lifted for about a year before I went to basic training for the Air Force. I obviously was unable to lift while at basic training, but I was on an eating waiver because i was "under weight" for my height. This meant that I was able to eat for longer periods of time and was given two protein shakes a day on top of my usual 3 meals a day. Don't get me wrong I was still getting plenty of exercise while in Texas, but it was mainly cardio. After basic training I weighed in at 112 which was a pudgy 112. However, while at my tech school I had a roommate who was really into body building and he kept me motivated to hit the gym with him every day after class (this onto of the daily Physical Training that we did each morning). When I left tech school I weighed 123 pounds. I was always eating military food, so it was as healthy as I could get at the time, but I wouldn't say that the food in the chow hall is that "unhealthy". I understand the disbelief, but the situation is also very bizarre.