View Single Post
Old 02-25-10, 03:00 PM
Bentley6

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well here's the scenario. I'll be traveling a loop in September from Illinois to Denver and back. It will take me about 30 days or so. I'm not a big fan of getting messy with liquid fuel even though it might be the best type of stove for me and the most readily available. I'll be staying with friends probably one week out of four so figured a couple of the 100gr. canisters would work fine for cooking noodles or soups during those three weeks. I don't really care to do any camping below 40 degrees so figured the canisters would work okay (not sure at what temperture they start being less usable). I like the fact that there's no mess with the canisters and I watched some MSR Reactor reviews and I was impressed...except for it's price. I can't afford putting that much into a stove. On the other hand I may try doing some tours in October as well but will probably go to the more southern states where it should be warmer so canisters should be fine there as well. I like the looks and quality of the Jetboil but there's a lot to be said about the Reactors fuel regulator and radiant heat. What to do?