View Single Post
Old 02-26-10, 08:05 AM
BigBlueToe

Bikes: Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I also was in awe of him and his knowledge, and I've used his web postings countless times. I don't think I ever would have gotten the nerve to build my own wheels without his wheelbuilding pages.

One mark of the outstanding nature of his character was the fact that he took the time to answer my emails about various things, even though he said he received an average of over 300 such emails a day. His responses were short and to the point (as I'm sure they had to be) but always nicely worded (nothing remotely like, "what a stupid question, idiot!" even though I'm sure some of my early queries were ones he had answered hundreds of times) always helpful, and always accurate.

I also like the fact that he seemed like such a kook! I enjoy non-conformists. I'm so sorry he died so young, but thank's Sheldon for leaving your website behind (and thanks to Harris Cyclery. I'll buy from them before others as a thank you for their site.)