View Single Post
Old 04-07-05, 09:39 PM
wagathon
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did see the Roubaix at Supergo but most of what I know about it is from pouring over the various frame geometries. The Spec. bike doesn't come in a 63 cm though. Even if it did, the Pilot has more slack in the head tube angle, and the 63 cm Pilot's virtual top tube length is a little shorter than the Robaix's 61 cm and that is what I was looking for, i.e., not being all stretched out over the top tube or having to look for short stems. And because the Robaix is smaller, I would have had a big challenge getting the handlebar as high as I wanted.

The Pilot even has slightly more slack in the seat tube angle and that is also what I wanted to help me get my knees behind the pedal spindle without having to look for a seat with longer rails and having more setback on the seatpost.

I think you have to try them both though. The Robaix seems to have a pretty long wheelbase and that seems interesting. I might like it imore if it had come in a larger size.

Even so, with the Pilot, I can have the seat at the same height as the top of the bars--which is not aggressive but a very normal road biking positon--and, that is what I got right out of the box with the Pilot. I'd probably have to buy a custom-made bike to get the same fit.

Originally Posted by FarHorizon
Did you, by chance, also happen to try out the Specialized Roubaix before buying? If so, could you give me your impressions of the similarities/differences between the two? Thanks.