View Single Post
Old 02-26-10, 10:37 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Booked it, May 18 to 23. Hoping for decent weather. Alaska Airlines has a fairly decent bike policy, only $50, so I'll probably take it with me. I'm still debating Davidson vs. Kuota.

I'll check Cascade's site when the time gets closer. There wasn't much there now. I'll have to bring my old Cascade gear if I can find it.

I'm by myself, leaving my wife and 3 kids at home. My wife was actually going to give me a trip to do STP as a 55th bday present but didn't know how to arrange it so when I suggested this trip she thought it would be OK. STP happens during a really bad work time anyway.

This will be my first time alone in Seattle in 23 years. I did one trip with my to be wife, one business trip with a colleague and a trip 3 years ago with the entire family. I didn't get on a bike on any of them. I'll have to visit some of my old haunts, at least the ones that still exist, like the Comet, except I'll be that old guy. (I'm used to this, I live in Brooklyn, the hippest place east of Seattle.) 3 years ago I was surprised at how many places were still there and even the vendors at Pike Place were the same. And I'll do my old rides, Lk Wash Blvd, BG trail, Sammamish, I90/Mercer Island, the routes up and down Capital Hill where I lived. The one thing I won't have is a car!