View Single Post
Old 05-23-01, 09:43 AM
nebill

Bikes: '76 Schwinn Paramout (Liberty) and an '89 Paramount (ol' Blue)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another great thread! I agree with many of the sentiments already expressed. I am also 52, and just started riding about 5 weeks ago. I have been lucky enough to latch onto 2 really great used (FUJI RULZ!) bikes, and I am having a ball. I ride to work whenever I can, and try to get in some decent miles on the weekends. I started posting on this forum, and was actually surprised at the many friendly, positive responses I have gotten! Now, I feel very comfortable throwing in my two cents worth, and when I am having a problem, I don't hesitate to come here and ask questions. Stop and think about it....I live in rural (County population less than 6,000) Nebraska...I have a question about my bike, and I get advice and encouragement from my new friends in Kansas City, Charlottesville, New Orleans, Manitoba, Arizona, England, the 'snowy midwest' and probably a few that I am forgetting about. What an opportunity! As a newbie, this forum is invaluable, and I hope as I get better and better on my bike, I can someday return the kindness shown to me by all to some other newbie!