Old 03-02-10, 01:47 AM
earlwarren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
kh6idf and Wanderer: Thanks! Two more quick Qs along those lines, if I can pick your brains: If I get the Ergon GP-1 grips, can I stick with the Marin's factory bar ends -- or do I have to upgrade those as well? I kind of like the ones on it now, but a tech at a shop told me (w/o seeing my bike) that it might be "uncomfortable" and hard to install the new grips with the existing bar ends. I don't know what that means. Maybe I just need to buy the integrated GC-2 grips that come with bar ends?

Also, I had one other question about chain maintenance on the Fairfax: should I get a pure oil lubricant that you drip on, one of these "cleans and lubes" lubricants like Rock n Roll (where you apparently put a lot more on?), or something else entirely -- and how often should I apply it?

Having just spent all this money on a bike, I'd like to take care of it and have it for a while!

Thanks.

PS -- Going to give the WTB seat a try for a while. I figure maybe I just need to get used to it after not riding at all for a year or so. Thanks again.