View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 02:36 AM
deego

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just to clarify I am notinfering that ceramic bearing will make that big a difference I am just saying that chances are if you drop a couple of grand on zipp or corima then they will be in there anyhow . They will deffo roll better for longer ( I mean a longer period of time not when you spin them!) which makes them a good buy.

Aero helmet on anything over 25km is a must.
As for an aero frame ...yeah look at cervelo ! in fact why not look at a ridley dean or a look 596 or an orbea ordu or a giant trinity advanced SL or a felt DA or a scott plasma ltd!
The guy says he has got 3000 total to spend and any half decent carbon aero frame is going to cost him every penny of that which is why I said get great wheels on a reasonable bike !
I mean otherwise why not just say get a specialized Transition TTR dripping in Campag super record 11 speed and zipp sub 9 zedtech disc with vittoria tubs and a zedtech 10 on the front ........oh yeah that's because it will cost 11 grand ! oh yeah and see if prologo saddles will do you a custom Nano TT saddle too. then get it painted in your custom colours too.

and dont forget to buy carnac attraction magnetic road shoes and speedplay zero nanotech pedals for another $1000
The reason shimano don't use cermic bearings is because it's cheaper not too.
Corima and Mavic ( who while nowhere near as popular in the states) make arguably the best rolling wheels on earth ,both companies use ceramic bearings.
My mate Paul at Thatto cycles in st Helens England is one of the most respected wheel builders around the UK The son of an exceptional roadie and TTist he swears that a Corima disc is in a different league to a zipp even though they are not Lenticular or dimpled.They will be smooth as silk years after a Zipp has got nice and crunchy