Old 03-03-10, 10:44 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
I have a friend, and quite thin she is, who rides for pie. She rides from pie place to pie place. The more she rides, the more pie she gets! She's quite fanatic about it, in a humorous way. Pie is good. Handmade pie is best, but after a couple hundred k, I'll go for the store-bought plastic wrapped kind.

Then there's the ideal that your body will adapt to use the food available. Hostess cupcakes have fabulous availability and I have it on good authority that it is possible to adapt your body to process them.

Then there's also the search for the most saline junk food made. Cheetos are right up there. Half a bag of Cheetos and a plastic pie and you're ready to go. Burp.

To the OP: it depends on how hard you ride. If you average around 17 and climb at least 50'/mile, which isn't too difficult, you'll burn 700 cal./hour or so. Homemade pie will run 300-400 cal./piece, w/o ice cream. So you could eat two pieces/hour if you could just ride hard enough. Except that you'd barf if you ate that much of anything. OTOH, my favorite plastic pie runs about 700 calories, which just goes to show that you shouldn't eat junk food unless you can ride like an animal.

But go out there and hammer for three hours, and you'll see why pie is really good for you. Give me road and give me pie!

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 03-03-10 at 10:49 PM.