900aero

Bikes: Pinarello FPQuattro, Giant XTC 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deego
Hi Mate ,I would go for the Felt,
The agressive geometry will actually help in the run as you will use more quad and less hamstring leaving your legs a little fresher.
Best thing to do is get used to doing bricks.
Do 20 Km on the bike and then have your trainers ready to go and get straight off the bike and transition into a 2-3 mile run .
The first 400m are always hell and it doesn't matter how hard you train it will always feel like you are going to fall flat on your face but the more you do it the more confident you will be that it will pass and your legs will adjust to the new discipline.Your heart rate will probably be higher on the run as well as it takes more BPMs to run than to bike.( I don't mean the bike is easier but It is more efficient)
When I am cycling at 40kmh my heart gets to about 155 on a turbo trainer 165 on the real road and this feels like anymore and I would not be able to disperse the lactic acid but I can beat through to 175 on the run easily (even though my theoretical max heartbeat for my age is 170 this rule goes out the window when you are fit ) without hitting my lactate threshold.
BRICKS , BRICKS and More BRICKS !
Off topic but...... Why do you call them BRICKS? Can you put down some more detail?

thnx