blamp28
Bikaholic

Bikes: Trek Fuel 90, Giant OCR, Rans Screamer Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broseanrichard
ok then one last question. are all shifters workable with the tigara 9 speed triple or if I wanted better shifters do I need ones made for 9 speed triple. If not all work would anyone on here know what shifters do work with the 9 speed triple?
FYI, these guys are dead on. I have a Giant OCR 2 road bike for basic road rides when I'm not on my MTB or Tandem. This bike is a 2002 and came equipped with Tiagra 9 speed. I now have 9 to 10K miles on these shifters and they have always been quite smooth. I'm certain that they are nowhere near Ultegra or Durace but they have done very well for me. I did just replace the rear shifter late last year due to wear in the original but that was after many miles of dependable service.

You need to seriously look at why you want to make this change. If you're just looking to spend some coin and make a change, then go for it but if you are looking to improve the shifting a bit on a recreational ride, 1. Get it adjusted properly or batter yet learn how this is done and do it yourself. 2. Learn a smoother shifting techniqe. This will help you extend the life of your consumable hardware.