Thread: Fantasy Tours?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-10, 07:54 AM
john_steed_uk

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Sirrus Elite 2001 Specialized Crossroads 1999 Specialized Hardrock 2007 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I have a lot of fantasies, but only a few that can be printed here. J

Fantasy rides, that’s easy:

1.) Riding across the USA and then coming back by riding across Canada. Yes, I know
this would take a while. Maybe the better part of a year. But still…

2.) Riding the Land’s End to John O’Groats (which is, for those who don’t know far southwest
England to far northeast Scotland). This is only about 900-1,000 miles so it maybe only take two weeks
at the most, depending how much and how often you stop to see tourist sites like Stonehenge.

3.) Riding across Continental Europe. Maybe starting in Portugal and riding east. Ending who knows where, but just riding. This may or may not include extensive touring within some of the larger European countries like France, Germany, and Italy. Another and separate European fantasy ride would be an extensive tour through Ireland. I hear it is just beautiful and fun to ride if you can deal with the narrow and sometimes dirt roads.

I hear that riding across Asia is quite an adventure too, such as riding through China and India. Maybe in another lifetime…