Old 03-16-10, 11:43 PM
Cyclist0383
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alexw
Ok, I read this thread twice and my head is spinning with so many options. I'm looking for a light, a set really for head and tail, for early AM riding. The time change turned my normal ride time into darkness, though the sun will come up as I am winding down my ride. I'm mostly riding on non-car paved trails with no light of their own, but have to ride some streets to get there. I have a ton of Ni-MH rechargables in AA and AAA, but no Li ion. I don't have any mounts, so I need those two, and would like to keep everything around the $60 range, but care about safety and function and so an somewhat flexible (but not Dionette flexible).

I think the Blackburn Mars 4.0 seems like a good way to go for the tail, but I haven't been able to figure out what to do up front. Please help, because I can't figure out all the choices from this thread.

Thanks in advance!!

***EDIT
I realized I left off the part about not wanting an external battery pack...I am hoping to have the lights mounted on the bike and self-contained with rechargeables.
How long is your commute, round trip?