Old 04-11-05, 08:39 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tough one.

The chain sounds like it came apart indicating an improperly assemble link and thus a warranty issue. Problem being, it's two months old. I would think it would have come apart sooner.

I feel your pain, but I think you should be happy with the new chain and hanger.

I've heard a lot of JRA stories and most legitimate ones occur within the first couple rides. I'm NOT saying you're lying. I completly believe you. The problem is, you have no proof. IBEX will state they don't know if you abused anything, and have no idea if you crashed....etc.

I've been riding for 20 years plus and during a sprint, I mis-shifted and twisted a link in my brand new chain (Third ride). Luckily it just caused a stiff link, but it was definately USER ERROR on my part.

I'd be happy IBEX is basically splitting the cost with you. Plus, you really only need one new link and have a spare chain.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger