View Single Post
Old 04-11-05, 10:16 AM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On LSD days I ride with no one... (except my sister). It is hard to keep a lower constant aerobic pace with someone because it always turns in to a sprint.

Intellectually, I know how important LSD is, I just cannot seem to slow myself down. Today, I decided to be a good boy and basically spin. We had a nice little pace line set up at about 24 mph. We entered the sprint zone, and no one went. Suddenly, a guy on a tri bike comes blasting by. Like a greyhound and a rabbit, I was on his wheel, and then of course I had to blow by him, and hold my speed until the end of the sprint zone. I am really tired today, but tomorrow I ride with the fast group, so there will be no rest for the weary.
For a second there I thought that I read that you were doing 24 MPH solo as a aerobic ride . second time through a read 24 MPH pace line. That would be much better because your average is probably less than that and on flat roads 24 MPH is not too bad, a little fast for a LSD for me though.