View Single Post
Old 03-20-10, 10:08 PM
phasenine23

Bikes: Handbuilt touring bike, originally lived on in the 70's by my father. '04 Bianchi Pista, tricked out. ProFlex 956.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jagraham - I can look up our exact dates for that trip. Basically, we rode from Georgetown out to Harper's Ferry and back. The evening we were heading into Harper's Ferry, we passed a campsite that had a cyclist with a trailer at a campsite. There was an obviously homeless man sitting at a picnic table with his garbage bag of personal items, seemingly brooding at the same site as the tourist. We were pretty bonked, otherwise we would have stopped to say hi to the cyclist. We went on to Harper's Ferry.

The next day, when we were heading back towards Georgetown, we passed the same site, and there was a very weird pattern in the fall leaves. It looked as someone had dragged 'something' around the site, and then off onto the trail. Myself, with my paranoid rambling, worried about god-knows-what, took a look around, seeing as though there was a fellow tourist there the night before. No signs of foul play, everything seemed all good. Apparently there is a history of homeless types hanging around the C & O? Hence my Counter Attack bear spray