Old 04-11-05, 04:18 PM
MasonM

Bikes: Huffy 10 Speed Mountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello From Florida

Hello all. I'm pretty new to bicycling as I haven't spent much time on one since I was a kid. I suffered a broken hip/pelvis in a car accident on Dec.26 of last year and am recouperating.

I just recently have been able to walk (painfully) without crutches using only a cane. I decided to get out the old 10 speed from the shed I hadn't used in years. I cleaned it up, adjusted and oiled everything.

I figured riding the bike may do some good in getting my bum leg strenthened up and maybe loosen up the busted hip some. Today was the first day for me and I have to say that I really enjoyed riding in the sunshine and fresh air after more than 3 months of being couped up indoors.

Sitting around for all this time and with a bum leg, I'm pretty out of shape and I could tell it from today's 2 mile ride. I'm looking forward to riding as much as I can safely do now, and gradually increasing my riding as I go along. Great exercise and physical therapy.

Once I'm recovered enough to seriously start looking for work again, I'm going to focus on finding something close enough that I can ride my bike to work every day. I'm also already planning on saving up for a nice new bike ( or good used one) as well.

I have to admit, even though I'm sore now, riding hurts a lot less than walking, and is so much more fun.