Old 04-11-05, 04:21 PM
oldspark

Bikes: Trek 7000 and a Trek 1200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skydive69
I concur - it depends on one's definition of "reality." I will avoid a deep philosophical discussion, but there are certain inescapable types of reality. You can argue until you turn green that the earth is flat, but reality dictates otherwise. Being an inconoclast, I am the first one to shy away from structure in many things, and I am a dreamer of the highest order. Then there is a bit of the inescapable real world. For example, I can tell you that I just dropped a healthy male when in fact unless I personally know that male, and that male's motivations and reasons for his ride, my assumption might be at odds with "reality." He might have just finished a session of chemo and inspite of his doctor's recommendations is out to prove something to himself.

In a past thread, we discussed AFIB. In my one instance this past December 29th, the physician in the emergency room told me to make an appointment with a cardiologist the next day. I wanted to make a statement (albeit a ******** one many would argue), so rather than go to the cardiologist, I rode three times that day (morning, noon and evening), and felt great for doing so. By the third ride, I might have been able to have been passed by many!

Everything and anything is possible, but unfortunately no one has ever offerred me an exemption from the laws of physics. I do have an exemption, however, from common, mundane, boring, oftentimes popular thoughts!

[QUOTEThen there is the subject of religion.... No, I won't go there.
And may I ask why?