Thread: Race bike?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-10, 06:04 PM
look171

Bikes: Casati, Look, Torelli, Ridley, and a bunch of steel bikes from the 80s and the 90s..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Race bike?

I am new here, and to computer fourms period. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this? Any one have any experience with BMC? I really like it. A little on my racing backround. Race from 83 as a Jr. and quit as a cat 3 in around 95-6. I need to grow up and get a real job and make some money. Mess around on and off the bike until 2000, nothing serious. In the back on my mind, racing will start up again but never happened. I needed to run my company and do the family thing. I had a minor, minor stroke last year and now I have gotta start doing something. This stress is slowly killing me. They can't find anything wrong with me at the hosptial. I am thinking riding would be a lot better then tennis. i really missed the trainning or club rides but not so much racing. I would like to get a new bike. Any suggestions on who's the big on line companies or where to look. I don't want a TRek or Giant. I am used to buying a frame and putting everything together or..? I really enjoy that part. I am open to anything you suggest. I like to hear about what's out there, I need a pro grade bike. Weight is not an issue, I don't care if i am riding a 3lbs bike, if you missed a break, you must chase like a dog to bridge the gap, and bring everyone back, so...

I will not race again. No time, but love to do club rides, and do not do centuries or ride to Starbucks and drink coffee. If you do, I am not trying to be offensive. How about those Cervelos? Color, this or last year's model is not that important. I am looking to spend 3-4k. Got sticker shock at my local shop and all they had were treks Orbea and did not like what I saw at Performance.

Jeff