nancy sv
family on bikes

Bikes: which one?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ryker
If you are highly invested in making a certain destination in a certain amount of time, you need to suck it up. If you are interested in having the best possible time and are willing to extending your trip or fail to make a certain destination, do easy days, take a break, treat yourself, add some variety to your life, etc. You could easily park your bike for a month in Peru and see some amazing stuff. Do what matters most - you can't do better.

You can find Starbucks in Lima, BTW, at the mall in/near Miraflores. I spent some months in South America and remember feeling overjoyed at finding Starbucks in Lima. I don't even visit Starbucks at home but it was heaven. I found decent coffee surprisingly hard to come by in Peru given that they are a coffee growing nation. Instant coffee =
We actually have plenty of time - that's not the problem at all. We want to arrive in Tierra del Fuego in 10 - 12 months and it's only about 5000 miles away. We could take time off the bikes, but we find our time off even more frustrating than our time cycling!

That's hilarious about Starbucks - I never go there when I'm home either, but am really looking forward to a frappuchino! Maybe I'll search for it in Lima when we get there, or maybe it'll be my NYC treat!